Saturday, December 25, 2021

Santa's Chimney of Sweets

 


For friends this Christmas I made these "Santa's Chimney of Sweets" as gifts. 
 I got the idea from something I saw in the background of a video I happened to come across on youtube of vintage holiday decor:



I made mine from recycled cardboard boxes along with the top being a lid.  The brink pattern is something I printed from the internet.  I made the little Santa head toppers from styrofoam balls, pom poms, felt, and fiberfill.

For the sweets I had planned on making several baked goods but my oven broke on the 23 and I had to do a plan B.  I made some basic peanut butter fudge and rice crispy treats coated in white chocolate and topped with crushed peppermint.  
I just realized that I forgot something I was going to do to the chimneys which was add a "TV antennae" made from a pipe cleaner kinda like what is shown on the box...but hell...I was running on fumes as all you wives and mothers out there know what I'm talking about.

No comments: