Thursday, December 23, 2021

Christmas Tree Cake




I made this here cute Christmas tree sheet pan cake for us this week ( template here).


 I didn't use the recipe given by Country Living.  I didn't even realize they had a recipe until I was setting up the link back for this post.  I just came across the image as inspiration on pinterest and did my own thing.  The weird thing about this cake is it's baked on a cookie sheet, kinda like a jelly roll.  I looked through my Betty Crocker 1956 Picture Cook book and decided to use the following recipe for Dinette Cake since it sounded like it would be a small and it turned out to be the exact amount needed for the 13x9 inch pan:


And of course it was good...it's cake!

2 comments:

Monica and Rob said...

Yummy! One day I will make a real cake, this is adorable! (I have only tried boxed cake mix!)

my house is cuter than yours said...

You can do it! I used to be intimated by "real" cakes too. I still make a lot of boxed ones though, they are easier and always turn out perfect. I only do the real deal when it makes sense, like for a small cake such as this one.

~mary~