Thursday, December 02, 2021

Hope for Peace and Calm

 



Thank you for the kind and heartfelt words from my previous post about my burned meatball cookies aka life.  It is always my goal to have MHICty be someplace that brings people a laugh or some sort of enjoyment.  I, myself, feel like Clara Edwards, seeing my blog like her scrapbook:  


You don't paste sadness into it.  
However I am going to tell some of my personal sorrow because there isn't an easy way for me to move forward into Christmas without sharing.  
My mom passed away this past year.  Christmas was our holiday.  We both loved vintage Christmas stuff and really loved doing themed Christmas trees together.  We loved to plan out what could be an ornament and what we could use.  Last year's tree was the last theme that she and I discussed.  I haven't had the emotion to come up with a theme for this year.  I did minimal for Halloween and then a bit more for Thanksgiving.  I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about Christmas and decorating for this season.  I decided to just pull out the Christmas bins and take a look.  I have had a lot of these items for over 20 years and in that moment I felt a bit of joy and nostalgia in my life so I am now working on doing full fledged hall decking.  I am like Clara Edwards again, I try so hard every year to improve from last season.  
 I inherited most all of my mom's Christmas items and I felt it would be a happy and positive thing to share them on here as part of my "New Christmas Stuffs" that I typically do at the start of each holiday season.  Those posts will be up post haste.

During the duration I'll be working on the decor, going "wild with allspice"!


{Andy Griffith was also one of mine and my mom's things too.  Here we are at Andy Griffith's homestead in 2016}

3 comments:

jungle dream pagoda said...

Many virtual hugs to you.
There has been no greater sadness for me than the loss of my mama.
She was also a collector like me....and everywhere you look in my house ....you will see a "rescued from Nita's" piece. It never stops making me smile.
Again, so sad for you.
Lisa-G

Jennilee said...

No words, Mary, just some big hugs.

Tdub said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom has passed. I know how hard it is. I'm happy to see that you were able to create a joyful Christmas for your family and yourself. Hang in there♥