Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Hall Decking 2016


'Tis the season for extension cords, command strips, duct tape, fishing line, power strips, hot glue, ladders....

Every holiday season hall decking is a huge task. I clear everything other than the primary furniture from the living and dining rooms and only have Christmas stuff displayed.  I got a bit of a late start this year and still find myself trying to tweak things (or rehang stuff that falls down, replace bulbs that burn out, and prop up things the cats knock over! ugh!).  I always mix the decor up a bit and how everything is presented each year.  I am really pleased with the main wall in the living room (above and below images).  I think it could become my regular Saturday night thing for every Christmas. 


I hung the felted reindeer on the wall this year!  They were always falling over off of their skinny stick legs anyway.  I also attached a few plastic Santa trays up there too.    


A closer shot of the green shelf...adding more and more every year.  It's a game! See how many new items you can spot using the above 3 images!  (Answer: eleven)


The fraternal order of Santa Claus members at their annual meeting.


The "nays" have it.  Next year we will not be allowing Blitzen to be in charge of the office parties.  His reindeer games are getting a bit boring.


Hark!
The Herald Santas sing!

I really love how this Santa choir display turned out.  This is going to be another repeat for next year's holiday decor.
Even though I do like to switch up where the decorations go each year, I am starting to wane toward just finding what works the best for each spot and sticking with that.  It's such a massive Santa ass sized undertaking every year!

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

That looks great, Mary! I have no room or patience, but I can appreciate others that do! :)

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thanks Jenn! My patience is certainty not great. The fam knows to steer clear when I am Christmas decorating due to I may say some things that are not 'family friendly'.

~mary~