Monday, December 05, 2016

It's the holiday season...


so Whoop Dee Do and hickory dock!
And don't forget to hang up your sock!

Those are my favorite holiday song lyrics.
I like to sing the "whoop dee do" part really sarcastically and pretend the aforementioned sock still has a foot in it.  Christmas and I are working towards being on better terms this year though.  I really am a bit of a Scrooge. 

I am starting off with daily massive doses of hours of listening to holiday music to brainwash myself. 
It could be starting to work somewhat.
I was going to put the below image as my welcome to the christmas holiday season:


But I didn't!  I went with the happy jolly snowman instead.  This is progress.  

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Do you prefer Festivus? lol :)

Good to see you back to posting!

I enjoy most of Christmas. That being said, the only Christmas decorations I have are the tree and stockings. Everything else is winter related (snowmen) or red and white (or silver). Super simple.

Can't wait to see your goodies!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Jenn!

I like your decorating scheme. Very clever because snowmen can remain up well into February. Santa is over staying his welcome if he hangs out that long!

I am really behind in my Christmas Decorating/making which is the reason for the posting delay. I usually start decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving. This year since we had a specific decorated Thanksgiving theme (Beverly Hillbillies) I didn't want Christmas horning in. I didn't start my full swing decorating until Dec. 5! Still have a few corners that are giving me trouble but hope to have everything smoothed out by the end of the weekend...then comes the task of photographing!

All of next week will be highlights of Christmas goodies I picked up over the year. Hope you like them!

~mary~