Thursday, December 17, 2015

ATOM~ Deck the Halls with Buddy Holly

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my mom and I were invited to decorate three aluminum Christmas trees in the infamous ATOM ( Aluminum Tree and Aesthetically Challenged Seasonal Ornament Museum and Research Center) in Brevard, NC this year.

Here is my Buddy Holly tree...ATOM style.

Scientific Classification
Genus: Silvercus
Species: Bigblackglassus
Common Name: Deck The Halls With Buddy Holly (Happy Holly Days!)
Arborists: Mary (me)

The only thing that we added additional to this tree were plastic sprigs of fake holly and some small reproduction record album covers for under the tree.

The decoration placement on the tree didn't turn out looking uniform but for that fact, it makes this tree more along the lines of what ATOM really is....the aesthetically challenged part of it.

Here is an image where you can see some of the decorative paper I put on the back of an ornament off to the right.


I love this image of Buddy Holly in a photo booth acting silly!

Also see our ATOM styled It's A Wonderful Life and The Andy Griffith Show trees.

1 comment:

Crytal said...

Love me some Buddy. If I could afford to rent a time machine he's one of the top 5 people I'd meet!