Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Hostile Thinkies



So excited to share these because this idea came from my own brain

Inspired by Wacky Pack Hostile Thinkies!


I bought a home version Twinkie Pan over 3 years ago around the time the corporation was going out of business.   I don't know.  Maybe I thought I would take over production with my 8 cake pan.  I really don't like the taste of twinkies but I do like ideas using their fun shape.


For this Halloween season I have been working on coming up with ideas (usually inspired by something vintage of course!) that are not the typical pinterest variety. If anyone else has made Hostile Thinkies inspired homemade brain twinkies I am certainly not aware of it.  


The How To:
Acquire a Twinkies baking pan (or use real twinkies).  Bake red velvet cake mix twinkies in pan.  Let cool.  Puree a can of cherry pie filling.  Inject underside of twinkies with some of cherry pie filling.  Decorate brain ridges on twinkies with strawberry icing.  Drizzle extra cherry pie filling in between ridges.

"Blow your Mind!"

3 comments:

Jennilee said...

Those are amazing! Very creative!

I used to have a copycat cookbook and to make a Twinkie mold, he used aluminum foil and a largish round spice container (like you get at the dollar store).

my house is cuter than yours said...

I think I have seen or heard of what you are talking about with the spice container deal. What about using an oatmeal container and aluminum foil and making a giant twinkie! Could also make a large one from a cake baked in a loaf pan and then shaped with a knife after baking too....

Jennilee said...

Oooohhh....I like the loaf pan idea! That would be awesome!