Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Coffin Nails

I came up with these Coffin Nails pretzel candy coated 'cigarettes' as a fun Halloween treat for my husband to bring to work.  I always like to have some sort of image tie-in to help people 'get it'.  I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for but did come across this vintage image from Wacky Pack cards:



That works too!

Here is my OCD photo of the cigs.

I like this photo better though.  It looks like an used ash tray!


If you want to give these out as individual treats I came up with this alternative.

Place several cigs in a coffin shaped treat container!

To make these non-cancer causing tidbits , simply dip pretzel sticks in white melting candy, then dip end in red sugar.  Place on waxed paper to set.  I found the perfect cigarette shaped pretzels at Target by Snyder's called Dipping Sticks. I guess they didn't want to call them Cigarette Pretzels but they so are!  For the coffin shaped serving tray it is a chalkboard shadow box wall hanging deal I got from Michael's.

 This is not my first rodeo in the realm of edible tobacco products:
Smokes for Fathers Day

and we even had a nicotine themed Christmas Tree:
Light up the Holidays

Hammer down your own set of 'Coffin Nails' treats...all the cool kids are doing it!

No comments: