Monday, October 31, 2016

Cinnabone Skull


Whenever Halloween is over I mourn it's passing.  The only thing that somewhat helps pull me through is stocking up on Halloween clearance items.   Target is my prime hook up.  My yearly ritual is to visit my local Target on October 31 for my last look-see of what is still on the shelves and make a tentative list.  You see, Nov 1st is my 'Black Friday'.  On the day after Halloween, I am up and out to as many Targets I can hit up in my area.  I am a bit fanatic about it.  
One item on the tentative list was this Wilton skull cake pan.  When it was full price I didn't really think it was much of a big deal.  I honestly thought it was kinda goofy looking.  But during my pre-look-see I noticed no one else was impressed either because there was a shelf full of them.  I then had this idea to bake cinnamon buns in it.  Must.Get.Pan.(on clearance of course



I didn't want to wait till next year to try the idea out so I made us Cinnabone buns this past weekend.  They are just those prepackaged doughy deals in a tube but I think they turned out pretty cool looking.  I think that regardless of whether it's Halloween or not this may become my regular bun pan.  Just add what ever impending holiday color combo sprinkles for a festive flair! 

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

You're right, the pan is goofy looking, but it looks awesome with rolls in it!

my house is cuter than yours said...

I have seen online a few cake ideas for the pan and they look fairly good too. I guess it's just the pan in raw form that appears goofy!

~mary~