Saturday, October 15, 2016

Beware Of The Thing


It's always been a dream of mine to live in a big old creepy mansion like The Addams Family.


A homey and pleasant place.
Where you file the fence posts to sharp points to keep people out.


And instead of "Beware of the Dog" signs you have "Beware of the Thing".


Until I can acquire the old mansion I'll just have to make do with making my own sign for my current abode!



How To:
 I printed out an enlargement of the real sign (third picture from the top).  I then traced around the letters with a ball point pen to engrave their outline on a wood sign I picked up at the craft store.  I used my wood engraver to trace around all the letters to help them stand out.  Lastly I painted it with exterior grade craft paint and sealer.  Just hang the sign on the fence paired with one of those severed hands  from dollar tree!


Thing gives it his seal of approval.


2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Very clever, Mary!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thanks Jenn! Making this sign has been on my Halloween to-do list for a couple of years. Glad I finally made it!

~mary~