Tuesday, November 06, 2007

derby bake sale

i am a volunteer for the emerging roller derby team in my town. a few weekends back we had a bake sale. here's a sampling of what i made. it's record bowl/cupcake galore.

i made little plates out of 45s for individual cupcakes.

and used the regular records for sets of 3.
these cupcakes were made by another girl but were plain. so i added some chocolate eyeballs to spiff them up and then cuddled them together in one of my bowls.


also had a few with little plastic skates.

unfortunately the sale didn't do so great. this town is a tough crowd. at least i was pleased with my presentation.

7 comments:

Whitney said...

The cupcakes are adorable. I love the record bowls, I've been wanting to make some and yours look so great!

eviedee said...

I can't believe that you weren't MOBBED! Your presentation was impeccably fabulous!

Anonymous said...

perfect presentation....folks in your town must be crazy not to have snatched that yummy cuteness up!

jungle dream pagoda said...

Your presentation was spectacular!!! Truly cool that you are a Roller Derby volunteer!

Holly Hall said...

What a bunch of jokers. I would have bought them all!

my house is cuter than yours said...

you all are so sweet! if i could transport some cupcakes with my mind to you all i would!

Anonymous said...

cute. 2 things I love rollerderby and cup cakes!