Monday, January 15, 2018

Chicken Pot Pie


I tend to lean more towards making sweet dishes since they usually are a part of celebrating something.  Also I can get creative with tubs of icing unlike frozen peas.  Savory dishes are just so utilitarian.   But I can be down with a savory dish if it happens to also help me clean out my fridge!  
Chicken Pot Pie should be renamed Leftover Bits and Scrape the Pot Pie!



'Making Chicken Pie' courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book 1951. 


I like this recipe because it is fairly vague with measurements.  Toss in those leftover veggies, pluck off the bits from last nights rotisserie chicken, and then make up the rest of the bulk in lard laden gravy!  
I always keep a box of my trusty Jiffy Pie Crust on hand which topped my Pie off.


A  real pie bird is completely optional.  After baking, just roost whatever you have in the center of your Pie.  I think some little plastic dinosaurs with peas jabbed onto their hands, feet, and tails and then popping out of each serving would work.  That's as creative as I can get with boring ol' peas.


No comments: