Sunday, September 13, 2015

National Peanut Day!


Today is National Peanut Day!
Let's celebrate with some peanut laden fashion accessories...with googly eyes of course!

Several months back I was asked to review a dress from a company called eShakti. The company makes clothing in general sizes but specializes in custom sizing and fitting...without you having to leave the comfort of your own home.  You send them your specific measurements and they will customize your selected outfit piece to fit you personally (and I believe this is not an extra charge).  By the time I selected my dress to review the pickings left were very slim.  As you can imagine they don't want 350 bloggers all reviewing the same dress.  I decided to select something that I could customize myself as well, since most of the dresses left I didn't love.  This simple black fit and flare design had a detailed band with rows of khaki ribbon on the waist. Black: yep! Fit and flare: perfect!  But I am not a fan of khaki.  It must be covered up! So I had this idea I was going to make all of these detachable waist bands with matching detachable peter pan collars, maybe even a detachable trim around the edge of the skirt in an array of fun fabric patterns....I would wear matching patterns for all sorts of special holidays: 
National Something on a Stick Day, National Play-Doh Day, Pet Rock Day, National Frozen Food Day, Deviled Egg Day....So so many!

  Yeah, right.  Like I have time for that. 

 As far as I got on the whole detachable accessory fun fabric holiday plan was... a belt.  But not just any belt!  It was already a fun fabric with a repeating print of peanuts but I customized it with puffy paint googly eyes on some of the little guys.

 I also made a matching googly eye peanut buddy hair clip.

I also jumped out of a moving car to snag this abandoned Jumbo Boiled Peanuts sign off the side of the highway.

March is National Peanut Month so maybe I will have the collar done by then...
but I wouldn't bet my bag o' peanuts on it.

eShakti has some really super cute dresses to pick from, kinda Modcloth-ish.  As far as the custom sizing goes, the dress fits fine!  Perfect for someone who has a hard time finding clothes off the rack that fit right. 

Happy National Peanut Day!
Celebrate by picking up some Jumbo Boiled Peanuts roadside....creepy toothless vendor optional!

No comments: