Friday, April 07, 2017

Toy Department: Plastic Playthings

While we are in the "Toy Department" I thought I would share a few vintage 5 and dime store toys I have in my collection that are still in their packaging.  I picked up all of these things together at the flea market.


I love this set and do have plans of delicately removing it from it's packaging for some dart practice.


I remember writing several months back that I collect a little bit of everything...except for rubber baby nipples.  I may have to take that back.  I now have this toy baby bottle in my collection and it has an old decrepit rubber nipple.


PB really liked these ships and we have plans of trying them out in the bathtub.


So so cute little mini tea and coffee set.

I love old toys and their packaging.
A few years back I was a participate of an art exhibit called "Retro".  For my piece I went with the idea of 5 and dime toys and packaging.


Only I made mine adult/life sized!


Here I am next to it as a serving suggestion.

For more photos and info about my Deluxe Dining Doo Dads see here.


This post is part of a long series I am doing that showcases ads and products from old pharmacies and 5 and Dime stores.  All of the ads are scans from the publication Chain Store Age September 1955.  The products photographed are from my personal collection.  I am running this series on auto-post so I can work on some projects around my real house.  I will return at the end of this series (April or May) back to "normal".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


That little guy on the card art looks like a cartoon version of Costello.
What...bootleg and unlicensed use of characters? You betcha!! LOL