Thursday, September 13, 2018

Estate Store Thrift Sale Day



I had a really amazing day of thrifting and estate sale-ing recently!
Here are just a few items that I picked up.
A vintage 1940s/50s bra box.  I found it on a shelf in the garage and oddly it was filled with boy childhood momentos...a slingshot, marbles, over sized dice. Huh.  The lady let me have the box for free!



Also bought a couple of pairs of gloves, one being these, still in package, never worn set by Dawnelle.



They still have the attacked labels and glove inserts.



I picked this cute hat up at a thrift store for 3 bucks.  The netting had a few tears but I fixed it up!



This pastry blender was also from the estate sale, 1 buck!  I have been wanting to get one of these to use while making the ever popular around my house, Deep Dish Apple Pie with Candied Crust Dessert.  Blending the butter and flour with a fork or my hands is quite a tedious task so I am looking forward to trying this bad boy out!

I also picked up a bunch of other stuff that day, just didn't photograph it.
A vintage (in my favorite shade of green) round tufted accent pillow, a 1951 University yearbook (for checking out hairstyles!), a few modern clothing items that can be smoozed into looking vintage, a new can opener (practical yes, but we needed one!), a vintage Chinese hi-ball glass with a red dragon design and an a-m-a-z-i-n-g can't-believe-I-found-it-in-a-thrift-store find.  One big hint: Vintage Halloween!
When October rolls around I will be posting about it!

It was a really great day of finds...and it happened to be my birthday!

Next week I will be posting photos from my Birthday Party so stayed tuned!

No comments: