Wednesday, January 23, 2019

$1,000 Peanut Brittle Cookies



This is the other Pillsbury Bake-Off cookie I made for Christmas 2018 called Peanut Brittle Cookies.
They took the Best of Class Senior Division $1,000 prize in the 4th Grand National in 1953.


{click on image for recipe}


I liked the idea of these cookies because I could just break them into pieces after baking and didn't have to shape or even drop them on the cookie sheet.  Only these things are crumbly...dare I say brittle.  I could barely get them to break into cookie sized pieces and most of it just crumbled to the bottom of the gift bags I placed them in.  I also thought the flavor was a bit bland.  I drizzled white chocolate on them and it was a definite improvement.  It gave them a bit more sweetness and kinda worked as a glue to hold a few of them together. The ones shown in the photos are un-drizzled since I wanted to get a picture more true to the original in the recipe booklet.



I would not make these again.   But maybe it's just me, after all they did win $1,000.  No one has ever given me $1,000 for being flaky, bland, and nutty.

No comments: