Saturday, December 28, 2019

Tacky Sweater Stockings



I usually can manage to coerce PB into making Christmas presents each year, but it's getting harder and harder.  I came up with a fun idea this year for his cousins that at least I got a kick out of.
Tacky Sweater Stockings!


I know that the tacky sweater trend is out wearing it's welcome but I still think it's great.  I was into tacky before it was hip so now I can still enjoy it and just look outdated but at least not a complete mental case anymore.



I happened to see these sweater stockings at dollar tree (before below) and thought the idea to tacky them up was beyond brilliant.  So brilliant I can't be the first to have thought to do this but I do lead a very sheltered life.


I bought the red and green non-sparkly pom poms and felt sticker letters at dollar tree also.  I mixed up the red and black letters to add to the tacky wonkiness.  The other bits are out of a few bags of random uglish ornaments I picked up for cheap at thrift stores.

While we were working on the stockings PB kept telling me we were wasting our time because his cousins weren't going to appreciate them or get what they were. I think we could have added a few more bits and bobs to the stockings but we decided to use some restraint since we didn't know if they were going to go over well. But surprise!  It turned out they really liked them!

The stockings were just the 'wrapping' though.
For the stocking stuffers, PB filled them with his favorite candies, Ramune soda, and ramen noodles from a local Asian market.

If you are looking for more gaudy, check out my past post:
Tacky holidays to you!

🎄🎄🎄