Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas with the Colonel



Our Christmas tree theme this year is
Christmas with the Colonel!

Under the tree we placed our KFC collectibles.  A vintage postcard from Sanders Court and Cafe, vintage sporks and napkin, Colonel Sanders Pop doll, and a vintage "Christmas with Colonel Sanders" record.

Check out the rest of the deep fried goodness!



KFC holiday bucket for 2019. Super cute graphics on it, all neat Colonel Sanders items or chicken related!  Apparently if you snap a pic of your favorite item and post it on some social media site you could actually win that item!!!!



I personally like the fried chicken curtains the best!




Square dance Colonel ties, images of vintage Christmas KFC buckets, lids, and Colonel Claus.



I carved about 12 pieces of fried chicken out of styrofoam.  Also put a bunch of mini rubber chickens on the tree (see top of photo).



A Sanders Angel for the top of the tree.
 I made him from a print of a vintage plastic bank and added a gold pipe cleaner halo and chicken feather wings.



The whole 12 piece Meal Deal!
I should have made some gravy garland!



Here we are back in 2017 at the Louisville Welcome center hanging with a wax Sanders!


Snack on some past deep fried KFC related bonus morsels:

Wishing You Kentucky Fried Christmas 2017

National fried chicken day 2015
Kentucky Fried Wigwam Night 2016

Chickeny Trick-or-Treat Bucket
A finger lickin' good pumpkin 2018

Will you be my chicken-tine? 2018
Fried Chicken Valentine Bouquet 2019

Kentucky Fried Vacation 2018

5 comments:

Jennilee said...

Super cute, Mary!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thanks Jennilee! My front yard is still covered in fake "snow" from all the shavings from the styrofoam chicken legs when I carved them out side!

~mary~

Tdub said...

This is my very favorite of all of your trees so far (and there have been so many GREAT trees!) This makes me sad, you can't get decent KFC in my area any more, the quality has gone downhill. Back in the day KF Livers were my FAVE ♥

my house is cuter than yours said...

~Tdub~
I was reading a article just yesterday that said Colonel Sanders would travel to the franchises and surprise inspect the food. If he didn't like the mashed potatoes and gravy, he would throw it on the floor! Maybe the corp can get a mock Colonel to do the same in current times. Or maybe you could even take it upon yourself.....!

~mary~

Tdub said...

LOL, good idea Mary! The job of KFC Quality Control Inspector sounds like one I'm uniquely qualified for! "Drumsticks too small!" dump the bin of chicken on the floor. "Coleslaw soggy!" splatter slaw all over the wall. "Flimsy sporks are UNACCEPTABLE!" toss sporks like confetti. "Biscuits stale and dry!" throw biscuits at confused KFC employees. Can a girl just get one big, juicy, perfectly battered Extra Crispy thigh for crying out loud?