Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Squirt Melon Punch

 


It's a new Bar-B-Q trick!
I found this image out in internetland so we can't reference "next page" for the recipes, our minds will just have to wander.


What constitutes as a "punch"?  Because all I did was hollow out a watermelon, pour a liter of diet lemon lime soda in and garnished it with melon balls and strawberries.  That's just not enough to be a punch.  Some other beverage or sherbet or juice needs to be involved.


Wait...wait..wait.  The next line says "Mixed drinks almost make themselves when you start with Squirt.  Experiment, you can't miss!"

A-ha!  It's some kind of rum infused Jungle Juice! 
That explains the bottom line of suggesting the kids make Squirt-kebobs and Squirtcicles, the parents are gassed and don't know what they are saying. 

If I made one of these for a party I'd have to keep an eye on my old pal Bernice.
She would think the whole "punch bowl" was her drink vessel,  adding a straw and then complaining about not having a cocktail umbrella for it!

3 comments:

Jennilee said...

Hey Mary! I found the page with the "recipes" if you want to take a gander :)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TYwHWDDUyTc/T_9hxIFeVAI/AAAAAAAAChw/MBM73UFBvEA/s1600/squirtrecipes.jpg

Hope you're having a good summer!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Jennilee!

Thanks soooo much! I'm going to have to try some of those recipes out!
Hope your summer is going well too.

~mary~

Jennilee said...

I am sure you will put your own, unique spin on them!

It has been busy, to say the least. Looking forward to school starting back up so things will calm down a little. ha!