Monday, August 02, 2021

Golden Punch


While going through some old cookbooks of my grandmother's I came across this cut out recipe for Golden Punch glued to the inside cover (1980s?).  A couple of weeks ago I was discussing "punch" and everything in this one sounded tempting (along with I needed punch for August's Frito Kid Party) so I made this batch, getting to use it double posts!


I decided to use the ingredient list as serving suggestions for the amounts.  It's just punch, no need to get all technical with it.   I used:

  • No Water
  • 1 sleeve sugar free powdered Iced Tea with Lemon 0.23 oz
  • Orange Juice with pineapple juice 52 oz
  • No sugar
  • 1 tbs grenadine (all I had)
  • 2 liters sugar free chilled Ginger Ale
Pour everything together in a punch bowl, serve and enjoy!

My store didn't have Nestea (I think it's still being made).  I used to loved that stuff when I was a kid.  I would eat it like Lik-m-aid.

The punch was really good and the color would make it perfect for Autumn.  The weather is still boiling where I live during that time so an iced punch is ideal, but I bet it could be warmed slightly too!

The punch bowl and cups seen above belonged to my great grandmother.  The set was used for my mom's baby shower for me and I used it at my shower for PB.  If anyone was getting married, having a shower, a birthday party....my mom always put this punch bowl into service.  Looking through some old photos a few months back I came across my 13th birthday party and saw the trusty punch bowl on the table near the snacks.  The mugs are kinda dinky in size though, only holding like 1/3 cup.






No comments: