Friday, March 17, 2023

Lime Ribbon Delight



For our St. Paddy's Day dessert I decided to try out this vintage 1971 Betty Crocker recipe called Lime Ribbon Delight!


The original recipe calls for little white clay pipes as the extra pizzazz but I happen to be fresh out.  So I just printed some images of vintage St. Paddy's Day die-cuts featuring a white pipe, laminated them with clear packing tape and done!


🍀   🍀   🍀   🍀   🍀


🍀   🍀   🍀   🍀   🍀


A wee bit o' decor.


I'll have to do an update on how the cake tasted but I feel lucky that it will be quite good!
Update:  The cake was very good!  I could see it being done with different flavors of jello such as strawberry and pineapple.  the interior of mine did have that nice "ribbon" of green but I didn't get a photo.

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

It sounds interesting, Mary! I'm interested in how you liked it! It looks pretty!

my house is cuter than yours said...

It is a really neat cake idea. I thought it was very good. It would be perfect for the summer summer since it has to be refigerated.

~mary~