Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Lighted Pineapple Centerpieces

Today I have these neat plastic vintage pineapple lamps to show.  They originally belonged to my great grandmother who passed away in the 1980s. They measure 7 inches tall x 6.5 across the base.  I have always found them mesmerizing even though the light feature doesn't work anymore.  They take really weird little bulbs that probably haven't been made since 1972.  One of these days I am going to gut the old wiring and see about putting in a little battery powered tealight or maybe jam some fairy lights in them.    

We display them on the green rack with the rest of our tiki inspired thrift store dust collectors during the non-holiday time of the year (Jan-Aug).

I was excited to find a vintage 1971 ad for these exact lamps out in internetland!

I like to think about my great grandmother seeing this same ad, clipping it out, and eagerly awaiting these babies to arrive 4-8 weeks later.  

After 50 years the many luscious fruits and leaves have cracked off.  Actually I plucked the apples off because I didn't think the red worked in my living-room.  But I did use them in my Fall Apple display if you want to get a peek of what they look like.  They are the apples in the mini tub for bobbing!

No comments: