Monday, July 10, 2023

What Would Jesus Craft? WWJC?


What Would Jesus Craft? by Ross MacDonald is the perfect book for some summer crafting adult VBS style!

As I was growing up I absolutely loved participating in VBS (vacation bible school) during the summer.  There were crafts and snacks and friends and no tests.  I would do several ones each summer up through middle school  and when I was 'too old' then I transitioned to a teacher assistant.  To this day as I drive pass churches during the summer I look forward to spying the banners go up and seeing what their VBS theme will be.  I know ya'll are in disbelief knowing my potty-mouth and heathen ways but it's true!
I happened to see this WWJC? book online several years ago and was intrigued.  I put it on my wish list and found in under the tree last year.
It's a mixture of humor, quirkiness, and VBS all rolled into one awesome craft book!

Here are a few of my favorite projects:


Goblets of His Glory

These goblets are made from old jelly jars and look like stained glass!


Last Supper Lunch Box

Decoupaged religious renaissance meets baloney sandwich!  


Jesus' Pet Dinosaur Nacho Platter

I love dinosaurs.... and nachos!


Smells Like Holy Spirit Pillows

Sweet smelling oversized sachet pillows.  Fill them with cat nip and get all the kitties to come to your yard!


Infant-Of-Prague Lucky Lottery Ticket Caddy

A repurposed bunt cake pan with a touch of a prosperity whammy placed on it! 

This book is really cute and clever.  There are 25 other fun projects along with super humorous writing.   This book is a must have for my fellow VBS lovin'  sinful crafters!

 

No comments: