Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Home on the Range apron



Here it is! What I have been working on in my very small amount of spare time for the last month! It is my submission for the first Tie One On monthly themed apron show and tell. The theme for June was home on the range. I decided to gear it more towards food since it is an apron! The pockets are dinner triangles being 'ringed' and on the bib is an embroidered kettle cooking over an open fire with the classic meal call to cowboys "come n' get it!"
Part of the apron (the bib and ties) is from the vintage pattern that I used for the cigar purse I showed in the last post, the rest I made up for the size I wanted. The pattern called for a fuller and longer skirted part. This is the first apron I have ever made and the first real embroidery I have done. I still have alot to learn!
  • where i got the kettle cooking image (since I figure I should give some credit) This website has some cute stuff, but too rich for my "i can do it myself" blood.

  • All in all, though, I am pretty happy with it.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Melly,

    I LOVE the apron!!! Did you embroider the name and the kettle? Your website is really coming along and what good ideas you are sharing!!! You must be soooo proud of yourself!!!

    Can't wait to see you on Saturday!!!!

    Love, Mom