Thursday, March 16, 2006

Aprons for all!

For the next TOO, the challenge is to make an apron for a doll type friend...So I decided to look around the web a bit for some victims...I found lots of little cuties that I would love to dress up!
scary girl by Nathan Jurevicius

those little birds are such darlings! And I love the black/white color scheme...Oh, and the octopus on her dress and her eye patch....









"Make a secret drawing, write the name of someone you love or make any wish you want come true by using his enchanted blackboard. Comes with three magic trinkets.

Lucky Doovoo is part of The Good Wood Gang, a series of beautifully detailed modular wood toys from Friends With You."

I like the idea behind this toy...And I could really could use that enchanted blackboard! I don't think DooVoo would look so great in an apron though.



Jeero has always been my favorite of the ugly dolls. I think he would look quite nice in an apron like his friend wage .




Helper by Tim Biskup

I think Helper and mini-helper would look smashing in matching attire!

I really love these kind of 'toys'...so dang cute! But alas, I will need to pick a friend that already lives with me...Just none of them have raised their hands and look too excited about wearing an apron..

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

that little red guy looks an awful lot like Plankton from Spongebob to me...but I also pretty much only have one good eye so I dunno....

my house is cuter than yours said...

Oh!!! Plankton is a cutie as well!!

Lori said...

You have outstanding taste in dolls! You could always make one for one of the dolls you found on line, take a picture of the apron, and super-impose it on the picture. I do like the octopus dress little miss and would love to see what you could whip up.
Lori

AMCSviatko said...

Jeero is so cool. If I collected stuffies I'd definately have one of those!

Anonymous said...

wow that Jeero is kinda cool..my 2 brothers would probably dig that..but they also like Drawn Together so there you go...

my house is cuter than yours said...

Lori..i love that idea!!!

Anonymous said...

Jeero surely is a looker--maybe an apron would help to accentuate her(?) curves. I find an apron is the finishing touch to any look. I am sending an apron submission to TOO as well--the most unlikely character in my house has stepped up to the "plate". Love your site--you inspire me!

msdramateacherlady said...

Just stumbled onto your blog...I love your style! I love all things vintage, but haven't worked up the guts to just go for it.

two rabbits said...

omg I have to have a Helper doll! i love them. i am a huge fan of all these types of toys you posted.

i bet you'll make an apron so cool that it'll sway the minds of your current dolls and they will all want to wear an apron!

Gina said...

Those are great!