Thursday, June 15, 2006

Scrap Crafty~ Tie wrist cuff

I'm even working the scraps of scraps into something! It's a matching wrist cuff to the choker!


I used the wider end of the left over tie from the choker deal to make this wrist cuff. Seriously easy construction: wrap end of tie around wrist, measure, cut, stitch up raw end, mark/cut button hole, sew on button and finish off rough edges of hole! Done! This project only took about 15 minutes and that was because I had a little one to keep busy in the process.
I still have enough of the tie left to make my friend a chocker as well! 3 accessories out of 1 tie that cost me a buck! I think that is just about as thrifty as it gets!

7 comments:

majamom said...

Brilliant!
hey, e-mail your snail mail!
xo
mb
http://thriftbarterbuy.blogspot.com/

AMCSviatko said...

Very very cool!

Anonymous said...

cute! I love it....gotta love thrifty projects like that! Scrap-craft rocks :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'd definitely wear something like that, so thanks for the cheap idea! :] I read your blog ALL the time! xoxo!

sarainitaly said...

I think you need to get your own tv show. You have such a unique, great look, and you are so crafty and cute. You could have the 50's housewife version of Martha's show. I seriously think it is kitchy enough, and you are crafty enough to be succesful. Have you ever thought about it?

Very Mary said...

OMG! The thrift near my house has great old ties for a dime each - should I send you about 100?!

Anonymous said...

Loving your website!!! Hoping to hear alot more from you!!!

I have a million and one of my granny's aprons, you inspire me to wear them! :)

Thanks