Friday, July 12, 2013

Quick Panocha


 One of PB and my summer projects is to make a few recipes from our 1955 version of Better Homes and Gardens Junior Cook Book. Check out our other past recipes: peanut goodies and cherry tartlets.

We picked something out that we had all the ingredients on hand and it happened to be something we had never eaten before...Panocha.




These things are deliciously sicking sweet. I am warning you to limit yourself to only eating 3 at one sitting....no more!  You will want to eat the whole pan but you will then risk hyperglycemia. 


2 comments:

Brian said...

I know this is an older post, and you probably won't respond,but I have to comment on this because I know this book very well. It was on a shelf in my mother's kitchen with her other cookbooks.I must have picked it up because the word"junior" caught my eye.after reading a few pages of it,I mentioned it to my older brother.He told me the recipes were real easy and that mom would let me make something from it because he already had.My choice was "Tutti Fruitty Ice Sparkle,which was basically sprite with fruit frozen into ice cubes.Well,long story short, I(age 46)still make this drink for myself,occasionally with a shot of white rum and a layer of Grenadine,a kind of deluxe Cuba Libre'.Thanks for the Deja'Vue!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thanks for the comment and reminiscing about your childhood memory Brian! Good idea to "adult up" the Tutti Fruitty Ice Sparkle!