Tuesday, January 06, 2015

New Year's Cheers and Jeers


I am glad to be on this side of the holidays now.  I have gotten to where I dislike Christmas... yes, I said it.  You all may be only thinking it but I am going to be the bold one and put it out there. Let me clarify a wee bit. The cons have started to outweigh the pros.  I love Christmas as it pertains to my house and the members inside it.  It's all the other expectations and requirements beyond our property line that I have it in for.  I guess I am a Scrooge and one day it will probably come back and bite me on my green grinchy butt.  I think the biggest issue I have with Christmas is the guilt involved.  I always feel I didn't get/do/make/bring/contribute/buy/steal enough or the right things.  And it's not because I really haven't, it's just that Christmas expectation crap.  I am even now feeling guilty for saying all of this.....
Blah!  I think I am going to go polish off those christmas themed oreo cookies I bought on clearance last week to self medicate.

Anyway, I am glad to be on the other side of the holidays and moving forward.  That being said PB said he wants the christmas decorations to stay up for the rest of the month and I am not in the mood to take them down.  This is the same kid that when he was 2 requested his Creature from the Black Lagoon Christmas tree stay up for 6 months and yes it did.  
I also have several gifts (handmade and/or vintage) to showcase in upcoming posts.

And! As mentioned in my 'About Me" section in the far right hand corner, PB birthday party planning/prepping months are here!  I generally post lovely vintage images with minimal wordage and love when readers comment with their own "Caption This" contributions.

Here's one for you!

"Betty, no one wants to hear you karaoke Beastie Boy's 'Fight For Your Right To Party' every 15 minutes!  Save it for midnight!" 

Your turn! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm late to comment, but I agree about Christmas. Hard enough to make a Christmas for your own household without worrying about everyone else!

I remember that Creature From The Black Lagoon tree--it's one of my all time favorite movies. I have one of the movie posters (there were at least 8 different posters for that movie if I recall) in my office. That tree was fantastic!