Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Viva Los Teachers! Teacher Appreciation Week 2015

Cinco De Mayo falls during Teacher Appreciation Week this year so I decided to work that into the daily themes!  I came up with: 
Viva Los Teachers!
Seen above are little paper badges I made for the kids to wear.  I also turned the teachers into mariachi dancers!

I made little banners* for the teacher's desks.

This is one of the cards I made and had all the kids sign.  We got the teachers a gift certificate to a favorite restaurant for them to have their own "fiesta"!


In the afternoon, the kids are going to have a Toast to their teachers. I had them work in groups to write poems about each of their teachers.  They will all be raising their cups in their teacher's honor and reciting their poems to them.  I got special cactus glasses for the teachers to have during the event.
The kid's are also going to be each bringing in a flower, greenery, ...something on a stick, to place in a vase for each teacher.

We will then round out the afternoon with churro cupcakes for everyone!
These are cinnamon cupcakes (from a box) with cream cheese icing (from a tub).  I then sprinkled cinnamon and festive colored sprinkles on the top along with a little churro snack (from a bag) to the side.

*I found the prinatable feista banner here. I added the text though.

No comments: