Monday, May 04, 2015

Thanks For Making Us Smart Cookies! Teacher Appreciation Week 2015

It's Teacher Appreciation Week!
I thought I would share what I have going on for PB's teachers.
Today's theme is
Thanks for making us Smart Cookies!
For the day, the kids and the teachers get to wear little badges (seen above) and nerd glasses (seen all the way on the top photo)!
I made little banners to hang on the teacher's desks.

In the afternoon, we will be having a "Cookie Conference".  I had all the kids write out report cards on their teachers with such subjects as "Excels at:" and "Needs improvement in:".  We will then all share some scrumptious cookies while a possible conference or two (stemming from the comments on the report card) takes place!

I am bringing in a cookie recipe that I have never made before.  Peanut butter oatmeal cookies!  They are so good that I think they may be my favorite of all time! Mine turned out looking like ground turkey meatballs but tastes like peanut butter paradise!


This is the Report Card I came up with.  Just print it on manila colored paper.
The 'nerd glasses' are 3D movie glasses with the lens popped out.

RecipE:
  • 3 cups minute oats
  • 2 cups sugar
  • ½ cup peanut butter
  • 4 tbsp (1/2 Stick) salted butter
  • ½ cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  1. Combine sugar, butter, and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
  2. Stirring occasionally, bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in oatmeal, peanut butter, and vanilla.
  4. Stir until mixture starts to thicken and plop quickly onto wax paper.
  5. Let cool for at least an hour.

No comments: