Monday, June 22, 2015

Decennial MHICTY: House Tour


Welcome back dear readers!    This is the ninth post celebrating 
My House Is Cuter Than Yours 
10 year blogiversary retrospective and more!

Today we are going to have a bit of a true life house tour.


For MHICTY's first blogiversary in 2006, I threw an online shindig!

 Along with having a wild web party and virtual hor d'oeuvres, I also gave a tour of my favorite room in my actual house, the kitchen.  (for more photos)  

In 2007, to celebrate the second blogiversary, I gave a tour of PB's nursery:
PB's not-up-to-code but super cute crib! He lived...

For the ten year celebration this year, I thought it might be fun to show you some images of the exterior of our house we bought in 2011.  Please don't file these away for stalking purposes.

This is a listing pic of our house and it was looking ultra cute!
Built in 1950.
When I first went to look at the house I thought it was so adorable that it was too good for us and our paltry meager possessions!

Another listing image:

 Well, the cuteness wore off (or flaked off) along with the adorable planter boxes, when we had to have extensive wood rot repair done along with a new paint job. 

Currently our house is looking much better!

A close-up of the aluminum fence detail.

We have a lot of work still to do on the inside and the landscaping needs some additional assistance.
Maybe by the 11th blogiversary I will have some decent interior images to share!

Next up!  Get your best suit pressed because it's the official

My House Is Cuter Than Yours 
10 year Blogiversary Gala

Don't forget to bring your dancing shoes!

1 comment:

P@Damn Fine Coffee said...

Your house is adorable! I love the azalea bush out front. One of the things I miss most about not living in the South is watching the azaleas come back to life every spring.