Saturday, June 06, 2015

Opie's Lemonade Piedding


When life gives you Lemonade pie that won't set you make Lemonade Piedding!

I found a recipe in my copy of Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook for "Opie's Lemonade Pie".
It only called for a few ingredients. Just mix together and put in a pre-made pie crust. I can handle that!

The problem occurred when I foolishly followed the instructions:
"Chill for 2 hours"
I chilled for 2 hours in the refrigerator and then when that was not successful for setting, I chilled it in the freezer for 3 hours.
The consistency still remained as a weak pudding.  
Pudding!? Well, so be it!  I choose to call it Piedding though! To make your own start by crumbling some of the graham cracker crust on the bottom of the glass.  Then layer with the lemonade mixture. Lastly, top with some graham cracker crust crumbs.

It is super yummy! As Flora would say.

Opie's Lemonade Pie
1 8-oz carton of Cool Whip
1 6-oz can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 9-inch graham cracker crust 

In a large bowl combine cool whip, lemonade, and sweetened condensed milk, blending well.  Pour the mixture in the crust, and chill till firm, about 2 hours*.
+ + + + +

I have since looked online to see about another variation of this dessert and it appears that the milk should be chilled, everything shouldn't be blended well but folded, and put in the freezer for overnight.  But I still liked my take on it because who wants to wait overnight for pie?


*Lies!


For more of my Mayberry inspired recipes:

No comments: