Sunday, February 14, 2016

Just one more thing....

Will you be my Valentine?
These are the super awesome valentine's day cards I made for PB for fifth grade last year!

Hey Hey! Columbo!

We are major Columbo fans at our house.  I am not sure what it is but when the winter months hit, our fam gets a case of Columbo fever!  Right now in this moment in time we are all walking around the house putting our fingers to our foreheads having a concerned look on our faces and telling each other "These little things... they bother me...and I can't sleep at night." over such things as a missing sock or why New Coke was ever a thing.  
PB is a really big fan and can tell you what season which show is in.  So it was a natural choice for him to have Columbo themed valentines!

I also made some rolled cookie cigars as an accompaniment to the cards.  I had to be a bit sneaky because, well, we don't want to be promoting smoking to children.  The 'cigars' are made from those rolled cookies in a tin which I dipped in chocolate with lit ended sprinkles.  I added extra sprinkles randomly to make them look less cigar-like...kinda maybe not?  I never got any calls from parents so I guess I got away with it!

I found a couple of images of Columbo (with red and pink backgrounds! perfect!) on the nets.  I then came up with four different Columbo-esque Valentine sayings to be printed on them. Here is the set:





We still think it's kinda funny that these ten year old kids got a valentine card with "some guy " on it.  Because we doubt the kids, much less the parents, know who Columbo is! 
For Seriously...We love Columbo.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Go have some chili with your sweetheart!

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Oh Mary!!!! I am a huge Columbo fan and I just *love* those cards!!!! So awesome!!!!!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Jenn, You will like my next post too then! ~mary~