Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Valentine Card Swap..Not just for the kids!

I love little valentine's day cards!  Every year I have to check out all the stores to see what cute stuff is available for me , I mean, kids to exchange...this year the winner is Grumpy Cat!
A couple of years ago I thought it would be fun to have a Valentine's Day card swap at my work so I could add to my collection stash and craft up some fun ones for others.  Above is the sign up sheet that I made and printed out.  Part of the deal was of course you had to have something to put your cards in...a mailbox of sorts! I have such fond memories of making a valentine's box from a shoe box when I was in first grade (aluminum foil was heavily involved) and you better believe I was looking forward to making this one too.

Here is what I came up with.  The outside.

The box open and in card receiving mode. 
I scanned several of my Ren and Stimpy cards, printed them out and glued them down.  Along with adding some ribbon and stickers.  Happy, happy, joy, joy!

I had about seven other coworkers sign up, which was not a bad turn out at all.  But truly myself and another work friend rocked this exchange.  Above you can see the ones she made.  Super awesome and glued to construction paper in true valentine card elementary style! She made the Harry Potter one especially for me on the left due to my HP obsession.  Everyone else she gave the "your face is nice" to, but I loved that one also so she whipped up an extra for me! 


These are the cards I made for everyone...creepy and cute!
I had plans on making some cookies with icing spiderwebs and a small spider with a heart shaped body to include but they didn't work out.  I then opted instead for plastic spiders mixed in with little conversation hearts!

No comments: