Friday, August 19, 2016

Betty Crocker Blueberry Muffins

image from Betty Crocker's Picture Cook book 1956

A few months back I was on a blueberry muffin kick.  I tried out several different recipes, some modern and some vintage.  The modern one involved greek yogurt and other healthy stuff... those turned out horrible and flew into the trash pail... kinda like the above image. I grabbed my magic wand and incanted "Reducto!".  Off they went.  I did discover two yummy vintage recipes that I will be sharing... they involve sugar and butter!

The first one comes from Betty Crocker's Picture Cook Book (Revised and Enlarged) 1956.  


(Click on recipe image to enlarge) 


I followed the recipe for the blueberry sweeter muffins.  The only additional thing I did was add
drizzled lemon icing (microwaved prefab) and a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top.  These muffins are very cupcake-y.  I would certainly make them again.

The next recipe post is the winner of my battle of the blueberry muffins though.  I liked it so much I made 3 batches, and nearly ate the 3 batches myself!

No comments: