Thursday, June 14, 2018

Surprise!



"Jesus Christ, Earl, what is that?"
"I don't know, but... Check Please!"

That's all I know.  It's a surprise...which means it could contain minced brains but I am leaning toward a potted meat product...which could also be minced brains, Surprise!
I liked the plucky look of these nibbles even without knowing their true identity, so I decided to make up a recipe of my own what I thought they could be constructed from: Deviled Ham, cheese, and biscuits.


  Although potted meat is usually seen as hobo chow, when I was a kid it was a special occasion delicacy...one I hadn't had in probably 20 years.  Time to get back to my hobo roots!


To make/construct these Surprise Potted Meat Cheese Biscuits gather up:
1 tin Deviled Ham
1 tbsp mayo
2 tbsp diced onion
dash of seasoning (Tony's)
sliced cheese
Biscuits

Bake biscuits ahead of time. 
Mix together Deviled ham, mayo, onion, and Tony's in a small bowl.
Cut sliced cheese into decorative shapes and set aside. 
Spread potted meat mixture on top of biscuits.
Decorate tops with cheese Chinese stars.
Place biscuits on a baking sheet and put in toaster oven until cheese melts and potted meat perks up to a pretty shade of pink.


I secretly (secret's out) like Deviled Ham so I loved these!  I made them for a luncheon treat for a friend but she passed on them.  She's more of a minced pig snout kinda gal anyway! 

3 comments:

Jennilee said...

Yours look remarkably like the picture, Mary! Great job!

My oldest daughter likes the "deviled" chicken. I used to be partial to the "roast beast", but can't find it anymore!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Hmmmmm...i didn't know about the chicken version or the roast beast! May have to try them out if i can locate them!

Jennilee said...

They are both by Underwood, if that helps!