Monday, February 11, 2019

Banana Meatloaf


I had come across a recipe for Banana Meatloaf awhile back in one of my vintage diet books and thought it sounded intriguing.  Bananas in meatloaf, it's just weird enough to be good.

I looked up on the nets a few other recipes to see what other serving suggestions were out there and most all of them were the same ingredients.  It was also said that the meatloaf was quite tasty and no banana could be noted.  It's sounding better and better!



Recipe:

{Click to enlarge}

I did do a few modifications, as I always tend to do.  I used ground turkey, oats in place of the breadcrumbs, and prepared brown mustard instead of the dry mustard.



This was horrible.  It most definitely tasted like bananas...only with meat, like a meat filled banana bread.  I even made a ketchup based sauce to accompany it (drown it in) but even that was unable to help.   Nothing would help it.  However, Mr. Husband Sir really liked it and salvaged it from going into the rummage bin.

The best thing going for it was my presentation of piped mashed potatoes and parsley garnish.
I don't know where it went wrong...maybe it was the substitutions or maybe bananas just shouldn't be involved with meatloaf....ever.

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

I don't think it was your substitutions, I think you just shouldn't put bananas near meat ever! lol! Your presentation was awesome though! Much better than the original recipe :) At least Husband Sir liked it!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Yes, I told him to get it out of the house and take it for lunch this week at work, if he liked it so much!