Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Duraglow Fabric Skirt



I had an impulse to sew up a skirt and took the risk on using some vintage fabric even!
I did take the precaution of using a pattern.  Although the pattern was one I had never used before and it was originally for a dress, I just used the south section.



The pattern I used was Simplicity 8294.  I also had to make up the waist band feature.


Close up of the fabric.  I picked it up from a thrift store a couple of years back.  The selvage says:  Vat Colors "Duraglow" Prints.  I think I may make a shirt to go with the skirt using the itsy bitsy leftover fabric to accent the collar.



Lastly, here is a photo of my sassy hair and caterpillar eyebrows!

2 comments:

Rob and Monica said...

What a great skirt! I wish I could sew. I took two classes and I can barely sew a straight line.

my house is cuter than yours said...

This skirt really was easy to make. Just sewing "straight" lines. Mine aren't always straight or the 5/8 hem. I just push the foot peddle and go for it.