Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Simplicity 1962: Sandy Sub-Teen Choices



Within the 1962 Simplicity Spring pattern fashion catalog is a small section called Sandy Sub-Teen Choices featuring clothes for the teeny boppers.  I actually like all of these outfits myself, even though I am not the age bracket they are geared toward.  They are more functional and casual than the ones designed for the squares...aka adults.



"YES, SEPARATES!"
Who is she talking too?!  Who would she need to make such a case for wearing plaid slacks and a bright red overblouse top?  Maybe she is calling in her prom attire on one line and telling her date he can wear the frou frou dress on the other phone.



I do really like the photo styling in this spread. Fun props and text layout.


 I think this gal needs to get an office with a conference phone!  She's the primary contact for the nation's sub-teen fashion hotline...shorts that really fit are gonna be hot this year...Of course!
This outfit has a fun and comfortable look to it.  I don't wear shorts because I have hideous legs and knees, but these I just might.  The busy pattern could draw disgusted eyes away from my unsightly parts.



These gals don't look sub-teen to me.  That woman on the right is like 40 years old!
People just looked older back then.

My word.  I love these crisp CHECKS too! This is my favorite in the entire catalog. It's probably because it looks so 1950s.   I love how the dress looks like a cardigan\vest on the top and you pair it with a dickie.  I couldn't locate the original pattern envelope.  I bet it came with several varieties/collars to make.   



I like the print on this two piece outfit but it's a bit too flouncy for me in the top section.  I couldn't find the envelope pattern for this one either.



This is so adorable.  I am crazy about her PARTY DRESS too! I love the yellow and the fit.  I also like the serving suggestion on the pattern envelope using the black and white printed fabric.



Like I mentioned earlier, I like the young fashions but the problem comes in when the patterns are all mostly 29 inch bust...that's not a bust, that's nearly inverted!

All pattern envelope source images came from various sites including: vintagepatterns.wikiaebay, and etsy

No comments: