Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Simplicity 1962: The New Prints



Continuing with reviewing the Simplicity 1962 Spring line.
This feature, "The New Prints", showcases Simplicity patterns while also presenting some of the new fabric prints available....which all just so happen to be from advertisers in the front ads of the magazine.



No, no, boo boo.
This print is hideous.  I don't know if I could wear it even as a joke.
The dress style is kinda plain, but well fitting.  It's only saving grace is the cute little velvet bow in the model's hair.




✂  ✂  ✂  ✂



This dress style is so unflattering.  And the print is appalling.  She looks like a piece of frumpy Fruit Stripe gum.



✂  ✂  ✂  ✂




This is getting a tad better.  I would maybe wear this.  I typically don't care for the color blue but the print is interesting enough that I could get over it's blue-ness. The dress fashion is great and I love her hair.




✂  ✂  ✂  ✂




I am okay with this dress pattern and styling.  It's a very fun springy look.




✂  ✂  ✂  ✂



This is my favorite! I love the dress and the print.  It's got a great balance of gaudy with the bright pink colors but also refined with the dark mustard yellow subduing background.  I am not sure what is up with her RBF though.



All pattern envelope source images came from various sites including: vintagepatterns.wikiaebay, and etsy

2 comments:

Rob and Monica said...

When I was a kid, my mom had lots of Simplicity patterns. She loved to sew and was constantly making dresses for my sisters. We still them occasionally at estate sales but they are becoming rarer by the day. (Rob)

my house is cuter than yours said...

I can still on occasion find some neat vintage patterns at estate sales or thrift stores, but the real problem is finding them in my size, since each pattern envelope only contains a single size! One thing I do like about new patterns is they have several sizes in one pattern envelope, so you can cut out which works best for you. Also Simplicity (along with several other pattern manufacturers) are now re-releasing some of their vintage patterns reprinted and with several sizes in one envelope! The best of both worlds!
~mary~