Monday, August 19, 2019

Caramel Pear Upside-Down Cake




I made this Caramel Pear Upside-Down Cake several months back for a friend's birthday.
It is from Pillsbury's 5th Grand National Bake Off Contest, 1954, created by senior winner
 Mrs. C.C. Faxon of Palmyra, Missouri.


(click on recipe to enlarge)

I am drawing a bit of a blank on some of the aspects of this dessert.  I remember it tasting really good, a bit rich so I added whipped cream.  I also feel that I made extra caramel sauce to cover the top because the upside down pear part kinda looked congealed and nasty. I certainly did not what to give someone a nasty looking birthday dessert!  I camouflage it by dousing the top with extra chopped nuts and extra sauce.  I guess that could be one reason it tasted kinda rich...but really yummy!



No comments: