Friday, September 13, 2019

Estate Scores



Mr. Husband and I have really been having a good time over the last few months scrounging together at sales on the weekend.  Most everything in this post came from the same sale, but all of it was from the same day.
The handmade "Best Mother Award" was thumb tacked to a wall at a sale and I thought it was so adorable...I bought it for myself! Yes, I award me the Best Mother Award!



A cute graphic apparatus to inflate balloons, still need to try it out.  An 'on my list to get' wooden Fisher Price Cash Register.  "Lots to Color" coloring book.


This Weeki Wachee pennant was also thumb tacked on the wall near the Mother Award.


I used to have a set of these metal wall peacocks years ago.  When we moved into this house we had to get rid of A LOT of stuff because there was not as much space/storage here and for some reason the peacocks got the boot.  I have been wanting to replace them but was having a time finding some in a price range I would pay.  It happened that one of the sales we went to this day was by a family with the last name of "Peacock" and the house was f-u-l-l of peacock stuff.  I got this set for 6 bucks.  We don't like the iridescent gold/green going on with them so I plan of painting them black/gold.


A little cookbooklet for Teens to cook..."special recipes".  Exciting stuff like "Nibble Bait", "Trixies" and "oatmeal".
The floral background is wallpaper remnants.  Lastly are those squeezably cute satin ball dapper chicks.

I didn't do a price break down of everything because this day wound up being a bit more pricey than we normally do, which is not something I like to brag about.  I like to brag about how little I spend.  The Weeki pennant was 10 bucks and the Fisher Price Cash registrar was 8...so with those two items we are already nearly my normal max allotment.  But for what it's worth everything else wasn't too much more....




2 comments:

Jennilee said...

The cash register is a fantastic find! And I love the peacocks :) I hope you'll share an after picture once you paint them.

my house is cuter than yours said...

Jenn~
I'll put up a pic of the peacocks after I paint them....and they look good! I actually just recently painted them with black spray paint first and then spritzed them with gold but it is not as vibrate or detailing as I envisioned. I think I am going to pick up some gold enamel paint and brush it on instead. Also have to repaint them black to cover up the bland gold paint too!

~mary~