Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Estate Thrift Sale Finds Mixed Bag



Here is a real mixed bag of stuff I picked up over the last couple of months from estate sales and thrift stores, hence all the different backgrounds and photo qualities.
First off is this adorable pink vintage child's electric toy iron.  I haven't brought myself to plug it in but I do wonder how hot it gets.  Got it for 50¢.



This child's turtle sun visor hat I bought for the cute graphics mostly but it fits my head on a wearing-my-hair-down day.



I got these items from the same sale as the turtle hat.  A rusty metal dust pan, a rain bonnet, and a set of kitty cat? salt and pepper shakers.  "Pepper" was in need of some facial cosmetic repairs which I have since taking these pictures fixed him and "salty" up a bit.  I think I may have gotten a couple of other simple things too from this sale, but it all totaled 5 bucks.



I got both of these ash trays from the same thrift store, different times.  50¢ each.  I use the boomerang one as a spoon rest on the stove and the round one (which happens to match some of my dishes) I use as a craft paint brush rest.



These adorable plastic S&P shakers were a bit of a journey, similar to Angela and The General.  I found P first and spent quite a while scouring the store to find the match, which was no where to be found.  Weeks went by, and I had pretty much given up.  P looked fine by himself I decided.  Then one day while at the same thrift there was S, on a shelf at eye level in a different building.  I had asked one of the employees to keep an eye out for the match and she told me it's very common for boxes of stuff that are from the same donor to not get put out at the same time.  I guess this was the case here.  I am just glad I happen to stop in at the right time.  The set only set me back 1 buck.



We collect vintage Florida travel stuff and I happened to eye this glass in a yard sale listing.  Turns out the seller used to be a dealer that was trying to reduce her stock.  We picked up this glass for 5 bucks.  We also got this hair net, and salt and pepper shakers there as well.


No comments: