Thursday, September 16, 2021

Birthday Loafing

 


Just celebrated my birthday recently, I am still hanging around in the 40s, but not sure where.  I honestly don't know my age.  I like it that way.  I just hope I am never put in a situation that I have to prove I'm not insane and they ask me that fairly simple question...just send my birthday cards addressed to the local nut house from then on out.

Until that happens let's check out the party decor.
  For my theme this year I used these super cute vintage party napkins I found on ebay:  


I love those little kids!



I printed the image and glued to cheap paper cups.



I printed out enlarged versions of the cutie kids and tried to style them as they were holding up my cake (which is also styled after the one on the napkins).  The cake flavor is Hummingbird Cake and the little roses are vintage plastic picks.

Here is a scan of the napkin for your own birthday crafting pleasure:



I spent the day loafing, eating, and with my plumber.

We live in a highly nincompoop populated area so we keep close to home for the most part.  I treated myself to pick-up from a favorite local bagel coffee shop and then again dinner was pick-up, my favorite Chicken and Waffles!  During the day I hung out with the plumber outside as he fixed our clogged drain, which was a gift that it's now working properly.  Later we had cake and I opened some cute gifts from Mr. Husband.  I'll have to photo later but in list form he got me a vintage dress I had asked for, some vintage food and cleaning packaging items, vintage post cards, a NOS vintage squeaker lamb toy, a vintage frito cookbooklet, and a 1976 Elvis concert photo booklet...all from ebay.

It was a really low key day and that's absolutely fine by me...I'm over 'eventful'.

4 comments:

Jennilee said...

Happy Birthday, Mary! Love your decor! So cute!

Monica and Rob said...

How cute! I love everything you do!

Jennilee said...

Hey Mary! Hope you and the family are all okay! Miss seeing your posts!

Tdub said...

Happy belated birthdays to all 3 of you!!! I'm so far behind on my net-surfing, I'm looking forward to your holiday posts♥