Monday, January 24, 2022

Pear Ginger Cake


And for the butt ugly meal I just served up in the last post, here is it's dessert companion...Pear Ginger Cake.  The thing here is that the original recipe image is stunning but not the reality of how the dish turns out.


 What the?!  I don't know how they got the pears to be so nestled down in that cake.  Mine look like the cake is having an allergic reaction to them.  But all of this doesn't matter.  The cake is blah, testing well with senior citizens and the toothless.  Not worth making unless you do some flavor boosts, maybe go wild with allspice.  It's easy enough though if you want to give it a go:  Canned pears placed down in a greased baking dish and then topped with prefab gingerbread cake mix, bake as directed, top with cherries.

I put my cherries on after baking because I wanted them to look pretty.  But now I'm wondering if the cherries are what hold back the pears and shove them into the batter better.  Who knows, who cares.

No comments: