Sunday, January 08, 2023

Snowy New Year!


 I think the most wonderful week is from the day after Christmas til New Year's Day.  The stress and horribleness of the holiday is done and it feels like a 10 ton boulder has been lifted off my back.  That week is the real moment I get to enjoy time with the fam without the additional stress of work/ school and "Stressmas".  It's also super fun to hit the after-christmas clearance sales.  I don't like shopping in retail stores typically but I do when everything is 75 % off!  I'm not looking for Christmas decor (I'm good on that!) but for things that can be used in other areas of the house all year.  This year I bought a couple of light sets to illuminate my china cabinet and the green display shelf.  I also picked up a new foot tap extension cord dealio.  They are great to use for those vintage light sources that don't have an On/off mechanism. Example being my vintage toy stove lamp I have in the kitchen that I use as a nightlight.  It doesn't have a switch to turn it on and off, it has to be unplugged, which ain't happening!  So I hooked it up with a the tap cord so I can on/off it with ease!

For the first week of the year I have been working on getting the house de-Stressmas-ed.  I had everything all packed up which involved pulling out all the Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas bins.  Got it all packed up nice and tidy....then I started thinking about winter and how much I love it...and snowmen!  Love them too!  And then I was off pulling out all the bins again and trying my hand at some winter themed decorating.  I know in a previous post I said the insanity has to stop somewhere...and there's no doubt it will after this last hoorah.  I will never do full fledged decorating for spring or summer because I hate them so.

I have a ton of craftiness and decor in the works which will be up within January or February.  Along with some other dishes and what-nots so stay tuned! 

No comments: