Wednesday, December 06, 2023

New Stuffs Christmas 2023

 


Last year I set the intention to not add to my overwhelming Holiday Hoard and I am happy to say I did pretty good on that front!  I only have 3 new vintage items to show.

The top one shown is a small cute plastic snowman nugget only about 1.5 inches tall.  I found him at the bottom of a box of Christmas stuff that had already been plundered for the good vintage stuff at an estate sale.  As a matter of fact he was actually a decorative bit belonging to a larger centerpiece that had been already snagged.  I saw it on a hold table with his fellow snowman brethren still indentured within.  My snowman is footloose and fancy free making his own way in the world now.



The last two items are a set.  They are plastic ornaments featuring a snowman and a Santa.  I have a feeling the snowman isn't suppose to have that red bleed coming from his neck.  I think the scarf may have had a hand in it but it also kinda looks intentional so....eh, I can live with it.  I picked these guys up at a thrift store and they came in their original hideous 70s lack luster artwork bedecked packaging: 



It's that horrible?! 
 Sometimes I think the 70s art advertising companies hated everyone and everything and showed it with drab graphics and odd grainy magazine ad photos.

No comments: