Friday, January 13, 2017

Hollywood Bread Diet Plan


Welcome to the third installment in my "Reduce your rear for the New Year" postings.
A buffet of vintage diet paraphernalia.  Take what you eat and eat what you take...it's all zero calorie!

Tucked inside my Reduce with the Low Calorie Diet Book were two little bonus diet pamphlets to be used in conjunction with bread consumption.  A diet bread!

"Hollywood bread has extra protein, minerals, vitamins and low in fats! A secret blend of 16 special grain and vegetable flours, containing no shortening!"

The brand with a diet plan!


Each day's meals consists primarily of a total of 6 slices of bread.


It's THINly sliced!
And only 46 calories each.


I find this bread very interesting.  It's like Slim Fast in slice form.  
The best part of this diet plan is not an ounce of sweetbreads or congealed meats are involved!

6 comments:

mikeemm said...

pls find the recipe for this bread

my house is cuter than yours said...

Unfortunately, mikeemm, the recipe for "Hollywood" brand bread was a well guarded secret that only Eleanor Day, the originator, knew. She only gave us a hint of it having 16 special grain and vegetable flours. Similar to Colonel Sanders, and his well guarded 11 secret herbs and spices, we will just never know.

~mary~

JAH said...

OMG, Mary - I SO remember this bread! My grandmother grew up in Hollywood and was a freak for this diet. When she moved to Northern California, the only place that sold it in the 1960s resembled NOTHING like Whole Foods of today - more like a garage with produce crates and florescent lighting. Thanks for walking me down Memory Lane! BTW- the stuff didn't taste that bad - just unsatisfying...

Anonymous said...

My mom loved this bread....wish it was still around

stargazer said...

my sister and i have searched everywhere for this bread. Do you have any recipes that are close to the original ?

my house is cuter than yours said...

Stargazer~
I don't have a recipe. All I can offer is to buy a loaf of your favorite sliced bread and eat it in Hollywood. You can choose between any Hollywood you like...there's one in Florida, Alabama, Maryland, and of course California.

~mary~