Thursday, January 12, 2017

Lose Ugly Fat!


Another installment in my "So you want to lose weight for the New Year" series.
This paperback book, Reduce with the Low Calorie Diet is from 1964.


It is filled with recipes and their calorie counts to help guide one toward successful weight loss.  Some examples are Scrambled Brains ( 244 cal per serv.) and Jellied Veal Timbales (146 cal per serv.)  But not all of the dishes contribute to weight loss bulimic style.  I am intrigued by Banana Meatloaf (233 per serv.) which is what it sounds like... ground meat and bananas. I'd try it.

Also included with this book is a low tech calorie counter!  All you need is a paperclip!



Added bonus!
A list of fattening fallacies!  
The truth about toasted bread and water are finally revealed!


2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Those myths are pretty hilarious! I do like the calorie counter though!

I am not ashamed to admit I have a weight problem. My problem is twofold (and probably not addressed in the weight loss books of past). 1) my metabolism is all kinds of messed up. Of course it doesn't help that I'm on the closer side of 50. And 2) I don't eat enough so, with my screwy metabolism, my body holds on to whatever I put into my mouth.

I'm working on it :)

my house is cuter than yours said...

The calorie counter would work out pretty well if it didn't go up to 3500 calories a day. I guess they didn't want to exclude heavy weight champions. Weight problems are really never as simple as "You eat too much". We have weight problems at our house too. I don't feel we eat too much but I am not a fan of exercising. If I am going to run it better be because I stole a television and the cops are on my tail...meaning there better be a real reason for running or it is just dreadfully boring and I have more productive things to do with my time.

~mary~