Friday, March 10, 2017

Houseware Department: Ice Cream Scoop


When is the last time you saw an ad for an ice cream scoop?

Ice Cream scoops are an inside joke around our house.  There is a Chinese buffet restaurant in the red neck /low class area of our town that we like to go to.  Not because the food is superb, it's the atmosphere we like.  There is always some crazy story to eavesdrop on or someone wearing bizarre fashion combinations (ex: Cowboy hat, western long sleeve shirt, Rustler jeans, and....flip flops) .  During one visit I came out of the bathroom to find an ice cream scoop on the floor.  Mr. Husband informed me I had missed an employee get in an argument with a guest right in front of the buffet area.  Apparently the employee ended the altercation by throwing the ice cream scoop down the hallway and stormed off.
It's always a great time there!


This post is part of a long series I am doing that showcases ads and products from old pharmacies and 5 and Dime stores.  All of the ads are scans from the publication Chain Store Age September 1955.  The products photographed are from my personal collection.  I am running this series on auto-post so I can work on some projects around my real house.  I will return at the end of this series (April or May) back to "normal".

No comments: